EP Zion I - The sun, moon & stars (03.02.2015)

FifthAce1

Babo
Supporter:in
b2s7oq4cqaaicsz8vsia6qgpf.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Dread
02. Unity ft. Bambu & D.U.S.T.
03. Lost in translation ft. Viveca Hawkins
04. Juggernaut
05. Last nite ft. 1-O.A.K.

Info:

The Sun Moon and Stars EP is the final link in the EP trinity from Zion I, which started with Masters of Ceremony, and Libations. The project captures the mounting tension of the ongoing clash between the police and the community, with Dreadlock and Unity. On the other side it features savvy storytelling over bass heavy ambience with Lost in Translation and Last Nite. Juggernaut serves as the street anthem, deftly balancing the extremes. The three modes convey the hunger of an artist steady honing his craft. Bear witness, to the Sun Moon and Stars.

California keeps cranking out music from all corners of the coast. Today, we bring you new music from Bay Area legends Zion I with the premiere of their new EP, Sun, Moon, & Stars. The 5-track EP touches on many different subjects, one of them being the angst and tension between the cops and citizens on tracks like “Unity” and “Dreadlock.”

While we’re always looking forward to receiving new music from the crew, we have some unfortunate news to break: This will be the last release by Zumbi and Amp Live as Zion I. Zumbi will continue to rock under the Zion I name, while Amp Live will be looking to move on to solo ventures. Zumbi provided detailed info about the future of Zion I:

“I am writing this to the casual fan and the rabid connoisseur of Zion I’s music over the past 15 years. Many of you have seen the immense growth and diversity of art created over this stretch of time, while others are newly exposed to the music we have made. I respect both extremes, and everything that falls in between, which is why I feel compelled to write this to you in all honesty and sincerity.

Making music is an obvious path of growth. When creating with others, bonds are formed, so much so, that those I create with are considered family. Within this industry, it is a constant challenge to redefine and continue to push the boundaries of one’s creativity. This rigorous demand can create immense stress and tension, often times resulting in glorious works of art, and other times resulting in loss and tragedy. It really becomes like a family, where you may fight with your brother or sister, but deep down there is an undying respect because you share the same blood.

With that said, AmpLive is no longer rocking with Zion I. He will occasionally contribute production, but he is no longer the full time producer or tour DJ. Over the past few years we have grown apart in our artistic vision, with me focusing solely on Zion I, and him focused more so on his solo career. I won’t lie and say that is has been easy, because it has been tremendously difficult to navigate after all of this time creating and traveling together. However, we have come to mutual agreement that the current situation is the best choice in this moment. I wish him continued success on his solo career and whatever other projects he is involved with.

Don’t be sad or bummed though, because Zion I will continue on strong! I will continue to create soulful, uplifting music as I always have. Since finally resolving this situation recently, I have felt an incredible surge creatively. The Sun Moon and Stars EP is dropping on Feb. 3rd. The Rapture: Live from Oaklandia, a live album featuring many of our classic jams from over the years will be released this Spring. In addition to this, I have started Mind Over Matter, the new label that will house all of Zion I’s new music, as well as burgeoning artists on the cutting edge of soul, hip hop and electronic music.

I am excited to share this new chapter with you, and I ask that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out via social media. Maximum respect to all massive and crew..Peace!”

Enjoy the final chapter from Zumbi and Amp Live as Zion I below.

Stream:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Label:

Mass Appeal Records

Das war anfangs ne Band mit Potential, leider haben die nie wirklich ihren eigenen style gefunden. Nach Deep Water slang haben die nur noch versucht auf irgendwelche trends aufzuspringen.
Die guten alten zeiten

Wusste gar nicht, dass die jetzt auch bei Mass Appeal sind. Reinhören kann man sicherlich mal, aber die letzten Sachen waren fast alle schwach.

"Bird's Eye View" ist bis heute einer der schönsten Rap-Songs ever, das hier allerdings? Meh... einfach ansonsten sehr wenig unkonstantes Zeug von denen..

Amplive macht immer gute Beats. Der andere kann nicht so viel.

Echt verdammt schade, dass von denen seit Jahren nichts hörenswertes mehr rausgekommen ist. "True & Livin'" ist eines meiner Lieblingsalbum der letzten zehn Jahre.

Zurück
Oben Unten