D-Styles - Double Homicide EP

Ich frag mich was Animal Crackers auf der Platte zu suchen haben? Kenn zwar nur das letzte Album aber das war sehr wack.
Aber man soll ja nicht von Bananen sprechen wenn man die Birne noch nicht probiert hat oder so ähnlich...

die etwas superkurz geratene hörprobe vom remix lässt leider keine urteile zu.

aber ich find das doch etwas krass, auch wenn die nix miteinander zu tun haben - irgendeine absicht muss doch dahinterstehen
ich finds jedoch schade, dass es nur ein weiterer felonious funk remix ist .... war ja schon auf john wayne einer drauf

Original geschrieben von Man at Clits
... irgendeine absicht muss doch dahinterstehen ...

eher nein. so super ernst hat dstyles das release sicher nicht genommen. sind nur zwei remixe mit denen dstyles ja nur bedingt was zu tun hat und die auflage spricht auch dafür dass das ganze mehr so als experimentelles side projekt für die nerds gemacht wurde. gibt ja insgesamt nur 100/900 stück

Original geschrieben von Man at Clits
ich finds jedoch schade, dass es nur ein weiterer felonious funk remix ist .... war ja schon auf john wayne einer drauf

Is doch aber der Jewinner RMX von den Contest, Keule!

monkey hands got it on lock down

nur um den mund etwas zu wässern ...

d-styles - inspiration information
d-styles - double homicide split ep (limited red/unlimited black vinyl)
d-styles - scratchers delight vol1
ric ruc - fuga cd
ric ruc - poly limited vinyl
ric ruc - rrrap limited vinyl
mike boo - other sounds
mike boo - pathway 7"
excess - fast asleep bringle
toadstyle - flatulent boy confesses
supreme & aliosity - w.r.i.s.t.
phantaz shirts
gnkhl shirts
funkshitup shirts
eof shirts
asis shirts

innerhalb der nächsten 2 monate ...........

below

Original geschrieben von Monkey-Hands

Is doch aber der Jewinner RMX von den Contest, Keule!

der animal crackers oder der a-trak?
1 track + 2 remixe auf 2 verschiedenen platten find ich schon bischen sonderlich

Original geschrieben von egal

ric ruc - fuga cd
mike boo - other sounds
mike boo - pathway 7"
phantaz shirts
gnkhl shirts
funkshitup shirts
eof shirts
asis shirts

below

Dick, dick, dick!!!

Original geschrieben von egal

ric ruc - fuga cd
mike boo - other sounds
mike boo - pathway 7"
phantaz shirts
gnkhl shirts
funkshitup shirts
eof shirts
asis shirts

below

Wo kann ich das beziehen?
Confuze

Info vom Hand-Control Board:

D-Styles/Go Like This "Double Homicide" LP
6/10 - [Alimentary]
First up on this 12" split is D-Styles, whose name may indicate that the three provided tracks are basically your typical DJ stuff: Beats, samples, scratching, etc. Obviously I don't listen to this kind of thing on a regular basis, but I've been exposed to it, and I can enjoy listening to these particular tracks, so I'm cool with that. The first two segments ("Mr. Arrogant Remix" and "Felonious Funk Remix") are taken from the full-length LP "Phantazmagorea" and basically consist of well arranged beats and occasional vocal snippets that sound to have been sampled from old hip-hop records, with record scratching contributions from various DJ's throughout. I've never been a big fan of record scratching for whatever reason, so I'd almost prefer to just listen to the arranged beats and what have you, but… these are cool tracks to listen to, and the final cut, titled simply "Bonus Shit", is nothing but beats, so I can dig this. Side B sees members from Plutocracy, No Less, Agents of Satan, Bullshit Excuse, Elephant Man, Kalmex and the Riffmerchants, and Kompound joining forces in Go Like This, which is basically blazing fast hardcore with layers of cackled vocal shouts/yells/screams and frenetic arrangements that toss in lots of quirky midpaced dissonance for variety. The recording leaves a little to be desired since the maniacal vocals tend to dominate the mix and some of the details get lost, but it's not at all just a blur of noise or anything like that. After a pretty amusing Megadeth sample that transitions excellently into the grinding fury, "Hog Leg" is fast as **** and has a little more of a humorous vibe happening, but they pull it off well. This continues in "Go Like This", and as you probably know, you can't really lose with a song that shares its title with the actual band name. So how about those quick fits of rock 'n' roll!? And the twisted, spacious dissonance that kind of creeps in out of nowhere in "The Eye of the Tornado"? Nice stuff. The LP (the first 100 of which come on clear red vinyl with hand-numbered inserts) is packaged in a black and white sleeve with a xeroxed insert, all of which has raw collaged artwork combining photos, illustrations, and text for a pretty D.I.Y. look that probably won't turn any heads, but does get the job done. Lyrically Go like This is pretty schizophrenic, jumping from serious socio-political commentary to silly tunes about drugs and alcohol, so… whether it's greed, corruption, and war or weed, beer, and vomit… there's something here for most everyone. I'm not overly impressed by this split or anything, but it's a good listen, not to mention an interesting pairing between two completely disparate musical entities. The two sides of the 12" don't exactly complement one another, but I can definitely respect and appreciate the diversity of the record, and each of the artists stands on their own two feet nicely. Fans of the whole West Bay Koalition thing will definitely want to look out for the Go Like This material, so…
Running time - 25:00 (approximately), Tracks: 10
[Notable tracks: Mr. Arrogant Remix, Hog Leg, Go Like This, The Eye of the Tornado]

der remix von den noisys, kann es sein, dass es den mal im internet zum runterladen gab? oder ist das wieder ein neuer?
der, den ich hab, ist so etwas dirty angehaucht, ziemlich elektronisch - weiss da jemand genaueres?

imo is das n neuer ....
der den ich vorher mal gehört hatte war schon ziemlich anders .. auch wenn ich mich täuschen kann ... schon länger her

Zurück
Oben Unten