Cormega - True Meaning

CHorleone22850

gehört zum Inventar
tja, der nachfolger vom genialen 'the realness' kommt laut amazon am 11. Juni raus, das dürfte mit sicherheit ein highlight werden...

Hier mal die (bisherige) Tracklist:

1. Album Intro (Produced By Amire)
2. Love In, Love Out (Produced By J. Love)
3. Therapy (Produced By Hot Day)
4. The Legacy (Produced By Alchemist)
5. Verbal Graffiti (Produced By Hangmen 3)
6. The True Meaning (Produced By DR Period)
7. A Slick Response
8. The Come Up (ft. Large Professor)(Produced By Large Professor)
9. Endangered Species (Produced By J. Love)
10. Live Ya Life (Produced By J. (Waxx) Garfield)
11. I'm Built For This (Produced By J. (Waxx) Garfield)
12. Soul Food (Produced By J. (Waxx) Garfield)
13. A Thin Line (Produced By Buckwild)

im netz (audiogalaxy z.b.) findet man bisher die tracks 7,9 und 11, obwohl 'slick response' anscheinend nicht aufs album raufkommt, bei meiner mp3 rappt mega jedenfalls über den beat von biggie's 'juicy' und disst nas...
ich hab auch gelesen dass vielleicht noch 1,2 mehr songs aufs album kommen, mal sehn...
aber wenn man von 'endangered species' und 'i'm built for this' ausgeht, könnte 'the realness' noch einmal getoppt werden, denn das sind absolute hammer-tracks...
damn ich kanns kaum erwarten, da kommen echt gute sachen raus in der nächsten zeit (pacewon 7.5., el-p am 14.5. , halt mega am 11.6....ich sollte schon mal sparen:D )

The Realness war so verdammt gut!ich glaube wenn er das toppt, wird es das beste Album dieses Jahres!Was ist eigendlich mit THE TESTAMENT? Dieses Album wollte er doch auch mal releasen!Oder hat er das schon?I don't know...!

Confuze

Original geschrieben von Confuze
The Realness war so verdammt gut!ich glaube wenn er das toppt, wird es das beste Album dieses Jahres!Was ist eigendlich mit THE TESTAMENT? Dieses Album wollte er doch auch mal releasen!Oder hat er das schon?I don't know...!

Confuze

das sollte 1996 rauskommen über def jam :D ne um die rechte wieder abzukaufen hat er denk ich mal nicht die kohle.
ich freu mich riesig auf mega's album, er ist ein wirklich guter MC. "the realness" war ein highlight des letzten jahres!
Peace, MTK

was ich bis jetzt gehört habe verspricht sehr sehr viel. Für mich DAS Album zusammen mit "Fantastic damage". Der lyricist schlechthin in New York. Er stellt mit seinen Texten alles da gewesene in den Schatten. Solch einfühlsame und reale Texte schreibt keiner...

Original geschrieben von MTK

das sollte 1996 rauskommen über def jam :D ne um die rechte wieder abzukaufen hat er denk ich mal nicht die kohle.

das Album wird noch kommen...

Original geschrieben von CHorleone22850
tja, der nachfolger vom genialen 'the realness' kommt laut amazon am 11. Juni raus, das dürfte mit sicherheit ein highlight werden...

das ist der Amerika release, in Europa wirds wohl noch ein weilchen dauern bis wir in diesen Genuß kommen...

wenn hier alle "the realness" so loben sollt ichs mir vielleicht auch mal zulegen!?!?

Re: Re: Cormega - True Meaning

Original geschrieben von TRB

das ist der Amerika release, in Europa wirds wohl noch ein weilchen dauern bis wir in diesen Genuß kommen...

schon klar, aber wenn das album so gut wird wie's alle hoffen, dann geb ich gern n bisschen mehr für einen import aus...

hab diesen thread mal wieder rausgesucht, weil ich ein interview mit cormega gefunden hab in dem es unter anderem auch über 'true meaning' geht...auf jeden fall sehr interessant...

--------------------------------------------

Cormega has witnessed his share of chalk outlines, as well as falling victim to A Tribe Called Quest's Industry Rule 4,080: "Record company people are shady." But he was an industry newbie then and now he's a tested vet. QB royalty, Mega desires to rectify the disparity between "real" and word-mongering Hip-Hop with True Meaning. On a rainy day in April, he testified to SOHH his love of Rap, his stature in his infamous 'hood, and media/fan-created beefs.

How come you decided to put out another album so quickly?

I mean, this is what I do. I can't just sit back and be stagnant. I'm putting out another album next year. I owe the public that because look my first album took five years to come out so when I put out The Realness that was just to shut up the critics who were saying Mega will never put out an album. True Meaning is just fresh cooked up stuff for 2002.

Can you explain how you gained your stature in QB?

Certain things are self-explanatory. I gained my stature in a way I'm not really proud of or I really don't like to...I gained it doing stuff I hope God forgives me for.

This question is straight out of "A Bronx Tale"; Is it better to be feared or loved?

I would rather be feared. Let me tell you something that I tell people since you going to take it to the gangsta *#@%, I said fear...yo this what happened one time. Me and my crew we had a block locked down, 41st side. One of my friends said 'Yo people aren't gonna like us no more.' I said ' People don't like us anyway. Listen the dislike *#@% like that comes with position, it comes with status. But when somebody doesn't like you and they don't fear you, then you have to be worried.' So I don't worry about someone not liking me but if somebody don't fear me then that's different.

Do you apply your street techniques to the music industry?

The only thing I apply is my hustle mentality. That's why I call my label Legal Hustle. But you can't mix the streets with the industry because the streets and the industry are two different embodiments. People from the industry don't have the street mentality and vice versa. Industry people is *#@%*, a lot of them. Like a street dude you can punch him in the face and y'all can get it on. You punch someone in the industry in the face then no one will wanna #@%* with you.

Can you explain the money problems you have with Chris Lighty [of Violator Management]?

The only problem I have with Chris Lighty was that he had me on the shelf for five years. One misconception in the industry, because I hate the industry, I never got dropped off no damn Def Jam! I went to them and said let me go 'cause Chris Lighty intentionally had me on the shelf. Fame is a cultural illusion, being hot is seasonal. Who's to say Cormega would've still been hot if I was on the shelf? You'll drive to your mansion out in the Hamptons and meanwhile you have me on the shelf and my career depreciates. That's what these labels do with a lot of the artists and that's what's *#@%*# up about the industry. So I didn't want them to @%*# up my life so I asked to be let go.

Let me tell you what he told me one day and I didn't know what it meant but then I figured it out. He wanted me to rhyme over a corny beat. Remember when Bad Boy was doing that like Mase. He wanted me to do a song "The Streets Been Good to Me." Imagine me doing songs like that. All my fans, they would have said '**** Cormega.' So I wouldn't have been able to come out independent or nothing, my career would've been over. I said 'Ayo son, that beat is too happy.' He said 'You just shot yourself in the head.' I didn't know what he meant. And I sat there a second and said 'Wait a minute. If you shoot yourself in the head, you're ****in' dead.' Basically he was trying to @%*# me.

He was going to put out Mysonne before me. And I was on the label for four years before they signed Mysonne. Then, look at the Violator compilation album, Cormega is the only artist that only had one song. There were artists that weren't even signed that had more songs than me. Mysonne had four songs, Busta Rhymes and anybody down with him had more than one song. I only had one song. It was too much favoritism.

Talk a little bit about "Love In, Love Out."

It's just a breakdown of events. June 25th, "Love In, Love Out" will be enflamed.

Why wasn't "A Slick Response" on the final cut of the album?

That's a playful song for one and for two, I wanna silence the critics. I don't wanna give any excuses. Like on The Realness, let's clarify something right now, I'm glad this is SOHH cause y'all are one of the biggest [Websites]. The song "You Don't Want It" on my last album was not talking about Nas. So anyone who said I was talking about Nas, they can all eat a dick. That song was about somebody who put a $10,000 hit out to kill one of my friends. That's why I said "I ain't trying to lose another *#@%* / and if so enough blood will spill to fill a river."

Let's break something else down, The Realness intro, "Dramatic Interest" is nothing about Nas. "American Beauty" is a song about ****in' Hip-Hop. "The Saga" is about the streets. "Fallen Soldiers" is about dead people. "Fallen Soldiers" remix is about dead people. "You Don't Want It" isn't about Nas. "Unforgiven" is about beef in the streets. That's damn near seven songs. Need I even continue? Like the song "Thun & Kicko," by me and Prodigy. They say Prodigy was talking about Jay-Z. Let me drop another bombshell on you, "Thun & Kicko" was done in 1999. That song was going to be on The Realness. Jay-Z and Prodigy didn't even have beef then. That song was a Mobb Deep record I did with them and then they gave it to me because I loved it so much. So a lot of this bullsh*t between rappers is #@%* created by the media and fans that are infatuated with beef. Like everything they hear, they overanalyze it.

It's like the KRS-One/Nelly squabble.

I don't know what's up with that so I can't comment on it. All I know is that certain legends you gotta pay your respect to. Like I pay my respect to the legends, but at the same time if somebody diss you...I don't give a #@%* if it's Kool Herc, if you diss me I'm dissing you back. But I respect legends and I hope I don't have any differences with any of the legends.

Cormega's True Meaning, featuring production by Large Professor, Alchemist and DR Period, drops June 25th on Landspeed Records.

-------------------------------------------------------

ok ist vielleicht n bisschen viel zu lesen, aber es lohnt sich...

Zurück
Oben Unten