SZA

Sie ist also tatsächlich fester Teil des neuen Ronson & Parker-Albums und nicht nur eine auf zwei bis drei Songs vertretene Gesangsgästin, wie anfangs spekuliert wurde.

“People grapple with labeling me as hip-hop, R&B or pop, and it’s interesting to me. I'm just making music,” she said. “I listen to Stevie Nicks. I love classical jazz. I love folk. I love rap. I love Modest Mouse. I'm making an album with Tame Impala and Mark Ronson. When you try to label it, you remove the option for it to be limitless. It diminishes the music.”

Was ist mit dir du bastard
download.php

“I feel like people are sick of me saying I’m surprised,” she says. “They’re like, ‘Bitch, shut up,’ and I’m just like, ‘I can’t because I’m literally still shook.’” At this point, the person she sang about on the record—a kind of reformed nerd with a lot of relationship issues—is now really busy. But she’s doing her best, while remaining ever the people pleaser: “I can pretend to be not shook if it would make y’all less angry with me.”

ist ja echt in jeder jahresliste und sogar fast immer auf 1. wirkt seitens der presse irgendwie arg biased auf mich, fand das album auch rund und so, aber war einfach nicht DAS ding, das meine erwartungen erfüllen konnte.

Apropos Solange: Ich brauche unbedingt eine (im Idealfall wieder durchgängig von Dev Hynes produzierte) Truer EP. Ich stelle "Losing You" über jeden Song auf A Seat at the Table und "Julia" übrigens über jeden Song auf Ctrl, habe aber sowieso ein ganz schlimmes 80er-Faible – auch abseits der Musik.

Back
Top Bottom