LP Kendrick Lamar - DAMN. (14.04.2017)

Und wieder einmal gilt:
Don`t believe the hype!
Absolut durchschnittliches Album. Aber immerhin besser als der grottige Vorgänger.
Und kommt mir jetzt nicht mit so einem Schwachsinn wie: die Lyrics sind doch so krass genial und so...
1. so krass sind seine Lyrics auch wieder nicht.
2. Beats > Raps > Lyrics, denn es geht hier immer noch um MUSIK, nicht um ein Buch oder Gedicht!

Ich find das Album sehr gut, hab aber die Tage auch nochmal "GKMC" und "TPAB" zum Vergleich gehört und muss schon sagen, dass ich beide Vorgänger besser finde. Ist aber Jammern auf hohem Niveau...

Bei "TPAB" war ich ganz überrascht, weil mir das als es rauskam auch irgendwie zu sperrig gewirkt hat alles, dementsprechend hab ich es auch nicht soo oft gehört - aber ist jetzt ganz anders. Vor allem die letzten 7 Tracks (ab "Hood Politics") gehen top rein, dazu "King Kunta", "These Walls" und "Alright"! Einzig die Interludes und "u" sind nach wie vor gewöhnungsbedürftig...

Auf der neuen find ich bis dato "DNA.", "ELEMENT." (Favorit) "HUMBLE.", "LUST.", "XXX.", "FEAR." und "DUCKWORTH." am besten. "LOVE." ist eigentlich der einzige Track, den es nicht gebraucht hätte, ansonsten schon sehr gelungen wieder!

Mein Lieblings-Album bleibt aber weiterhin "GKMC"!

Und wieder einmal gilt:
Don`t believe the hype!
Absolut durchschnittliches Album. Aber immerhin besser als der grottige Vorgänger.
Und kommt mir jetzt nicht mit so einem Schwachsinn wie: die Lyrics sind doch so krass genial und so...
1. so krass sind seine Lyrics auch wieder nicht.
2. Beats > Raps > Lyrics, denn es geht hier immer noch um MUSIK, nicht um ein Buch oder Gedicht!

Nach deinem 2. wäre das Album noch höher anzusiedeln. Der Vorgänger war mit Sicherheit nicht grottig.
Und um es in deiner Sprache zu sagen: "Ja, seine Texte sind für den heutigen Affenzirkus recht krass."

Dann kommst du auch noch mit PEpunchline an, wobei Kendrick der Inklusion verpflichtet im Public Enemy Spirit agiert. lol, wobei The Coup eigentlich fast noch genialer sind.

http://djbooth.net/news/entry/2017-04-28-kendrick-lamar-god-response

To our surprise (and excitement), less than 12 hours after publishing Miguelito's article, Kendrick sent us a message, acknowledging that he had read the article and offering a complete explanation as to how he expresses God.

Rather than think piece his response to a think piece—Lord knows, we don't need another think piece—we asked Kendrick for his permission to print his full, unedited message below.

He said yes.

Long time no talk. Congrats on the work. Honored to say I still enjoy the write ups. Y'all accuracy lets me know this site has a deep respect for the culture. Much appreciated.

Your latest read is really interesting to me. I didn't expect anyone to catch it. How I express God. I went to a local church some time ago, and it appalled me that the same program was in practice. A program that I seen as a kid the few times I was in service. Praise, dance. Worship. (Which is beautiful.) Pastor spewing the idea of someone's season is approaching. The idea of hope. So on and so forth.

As a child, I always felt this Sermon had an emptiness about it. Kinda one sided, in what I felt in my heart. Fast forward. After being heavily in my studies these past few years, I've finally figured out why I left those services feeling spiritually unsatisfied as a child. I discovered more truth. But simple truth. Our God is a loving God. Yes. He's a merciful God. Yes. But he's even more so a God of DISCIPLE. OBEDIENCE. A JEALOUS God. And for every conscious choice of sin, will be corrected through his discipline. Whether physical or mental. Direct or indirect. Through your sufferings, or someone that's close to [sic] ken. It will be corrected.

Hence the concept "The wages of sin is Death." It shall be corrected. As a community, we was taught to pray for our mishaps, and he'll forgive you. Yes, this is true. But he will also reprimand us as well. As a child, I can't recall hearing this in service. Maybe leaders of the church knew it will run off churchgoers? No one wants to hear about karma from the decisions they make. It's a hard truth. We want to hear about hope, salvation, and redemption. Though his son died for our sins, our free will to make whatever choice we want, still allows him to judge us.

So in conclusion, I feel it's my calling to share the joy of God, but with exclamation, more so, the FEAR OF GOD. The balance. Knowing the power in what he can build, and also what he can destroy. At any giving moment.

I love when artists sing about what makes Him happy. My balance is to tell you what will make Him extinguish you. Personally, once that idea of real fear registered in my mind, it made me try harder at choosing my battles wisely. Which will forever be tough, because I'm still of flesh. I wanna spread this truth to my listeners. It's a journey, but it will be my key to the Kingdom. And theirs as well. I briefly touched on it in this album, but when he tells me to react, I will take deeper action.

So thank you for your great work. It inspired me to reply with this long ass message. Hopefully, you'll take the time to read mines like I do yours.

eben zum ersten mal die cd gehört. der mann, der bei "fear" diese "why god why god do i gotta suffer?" stelle singt, heißt Charles Edward Sydney Isom Jr.
laut discogs is das sein einziger auftritt.

Last edited:
hab heute im saturn beim durchstöbern von kartons mit lauter reduzierten cds dieses cover erblickt:

1838.jpg

The album's cover art, produced by illustrator and painter Don Brautigam, has been the subject of some discussion. It was long believed to depict the character Rev. Henry Kane, antagonist from the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side, while others believed it depicted the character Randall Flagg, the subject of the album's title track and the antagonist from the Stephen King novel The Stand. Drummer Charlie Benante, who conceived the concept for the cover, denies this, claiming "It (the cover art) was just about how much evil there is amongst us. I wanted to show just the same type of person on the cover. The same type of people and then, the one person that was sticking out kind of giving you a wave, like a 'hi!'"

gab ja ne szene im "humble"-video, die so ähnlich aussah.

Das der Junge kommerziell mal so durch die Decke geht hätte vor ein paar Jahren glaube ich niemand gedacht

O.D., selbst nach S.80 hätte ich nicht gedacht das er mal SO groß wird. Mit Lyricism Doppelplatin heutzutage ist halt echt unfassbar krass.

Back
Top Bottom