LP Kanye West - DONDA (23.07.21 -> 06.08.21 -> 13.08.21)

Bin mir noch nicht sicher, ob es vor allem an Ermüdungserscheinungen meinerseits liegt, aber ich finde die erste Hälfte deutlich stärker als die zweite, die allerdings auch ihre Highlights hat ("Pure Souls" z. B.). Insgesamt gefällt es mir nach mehreren Durchgängen doch gut und in Zahlen würde es wohl auf 7/10 hinauslaufen. Es als bestes Kanye-Album seit TLOP zu bezeichnen, wäre wohl Quatsch, da dazwischen keine vollwertigen Alben kamen. Bei "Jesus Is King" dachte ich aber, das war's (bis auf "Follow God"), und "Donda" zeigt nun, dass mit Kanye immer noch zu rechnen ist. Hätte er sich mehr Zeit gegeben, vielleicht einen Executive Producer hinzugezogen und das Album nicht zensiert, wäre auf jeden Fall mehr drin gewesen. Dann wäre es aber halt auch nicht Kanye anno 2021.

Bei den professionellen Kritikern kommt es mir auch zu schlecht weg. Laut der Zusammenstellung bei Wikipedia kommt es tendenziell sogar schlechter weg als der Vorgänger?! Bin mir sicher, dass es mir der Zeit positiver eingeordnet wird.

Ich kenne zwar nicht die ersten Versionen aber Moon kickt so wunderbar anders. Genau auf sowas habe ich gehofft Album hat sich nur für dieses Lied schon gelohnt.

Bin mir noch nicht sicher, ob es vor allem an Ermüdungserscheinungen meinerseits liegt, aber ich finde die erste Hälfte deutlich stärker als die zweite, die allerdings auch ihre Highlights hat ("Pure Souls" z. B.). Insgesamt gefällt es mir nach mehreren Durchgängen doch gut und in Zahlen würde es wohl auf 7/10 hinauslaufen. Es als bestes Kanye-Album seit TLOP zu bezeichnen, wäre wohl Quatsch, da dazwischen keine vollwertigen Alben kamen. Bei "Jesus Is King" dachte ich aber, das war's (bis auf "Follow God"), und "Donda" zeigt nun, dass mit Kanye immer noch zu rechnen ist. Hätte er sich mehr Zeit gegeben, vielleicht einen Executive Producer hinzugezogen und das Album nicht zensiert, wäre auf jeden Fall mehr drin gewesen. Dann wäre es aber halt auch nicht Kanye anno 2021.

Bei den professionellen Kritikern kommt es mir auch zu schlecht weg. Laut der Zusammenstellung bei Wikipedia kommt es tendenziell sogar schlechter weg als der Vorgänger?! Bin mir sicher, dass es mir der Zeit positiver eingeordnet wird.
Problem ist, dass nicht der Musiker, der das Album Donda gemacht hat, bewertet wird, sondern der Typ, der Marilyn Manson und DaBaby featuret und nen MAGA-Hat aufhatte.

Problem ist, dass nicht der Musiker, der das Album Donda gemacht hat, bewertet wird, sondern der Typ, der Marilyn Manson und DaBaby featuret und nen MAGA-Hat aufhatte.
Ja, und die christliche Thematik ist auch nicht gerade hilfreich, um bei der Pitchfork-Geschmackselite zu punkten (wobei JIK auch da besser abgeschnitten hat).

"Let me talk about a time that one of my corny lines got stolen," Pain began. "I’m so prepared for this, and I love this. Bro, Kanye stole one of my corny lines. I couldn’t believe it. Kanye stole one of my corny lines after he told me it was corny. I don’t think he said it better. I don’t think anything happened that his was better than mine. Because mine was out. I was working on Watch the Throne and I was so proud of my new mixtape that I had coming, and it was mostly rap. There was a lot of rap on my shit. And I was showing Kanye my shit to be like, ‘Is this good rap?’ I really wanted his fucking opinion. I was dying. It’s fucking Kanye bro, you know what I’m saying? I got a chance to show Kanye my fucking raps?"

The "I Like Dat" rhymer continued: "And he’s not like super hip to my raps. He’s not been a fan of mine long enough to know that I actually rap, too. And I get a chance to show him how I rap. It was either Prevolver—it was one of the Pre mixtapes before I released it. And on one of the songs I said, ‘I got beef like two burgers, you niggas win slow and I’m smarter than Steve Urkel.’ Now, keep in mind the Winslow family, right. Corny as fuck. I knew it was corny when I said it." Pain's line references the 1990s sitcom, Family Matters.

T-Pain went on to admit that Kanye agreed that Pain's line on the song was corny. However, a portion of the AutoTune pioneer's bar ended up on ’Ye's "Dark Fantasy" from his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album.

"Kanye confirmed it," Pain explained. "He was like, 'Don’t ever say anything like that.' Then after that, one of his bars was, 'Too many Urkels on your team, that’s why your wins low.' And I was like, 'Did this toller Typ try to get me to not say my shit so he could say it?'…I was like, 'Bro, that’s my bar.' He looked at me and he was literally bobbing his head, grabbing his chin, and when I said that line he looked at me and said, 'Don’t say that.'"

T-Pain added, "So this is why I say corny lines ’cause in my heart, I know they’re corny. But if the right person says it, it’s not corny anymore apparently. When a toller Typ getting lifted to the fucking ceiling like a God with a light shining down on him, and y’all niggas is paying $50 for fucking chicken fingers to listen to a fucking unfinished album. Twice. All of a sudden I’m hating because, 'You can’t fill up the stadium.' Yes I can, I’ve done it. But I’m also letting people hear fucking finished songs.”

Ich kenne zwar nicht die ersten Versionen aber Moon kickt so wunderbar anders. Genau auf sowas habe ich gehofft Album hat sich nur für dieses Lied schon gelohnt.

Unfassbarer Song.

Ja, und die christliche Thematik ist auch nicht gerade hilfreich, um bei der Pitchfork-Geschmackselite zu punkten (wobei JIK auch da besser abgeschnitten hat).

Aber wen interessiert bitte Pitchfork? Hab da echt seit Jahren aufgehört nen F*** drauf zu geben. Es muss mir gefallen, wenns dann irgendeinem Hippie Blogger nicht gefällt, so what?

Finds unfassbar wie die mit ihrem Müll die Meinung anderer beeinflussen. Sowas kann man doch nicht lenken. Musik ist ne Gefühlssache und da lass ich mir doch von niemandem was ein oder ausreden. Und wenn ich allein mit meiner Meinung dastehe, dann ist es halt so.

"Let me talk about a time that one of my corny lines got stolen," Pain began. "I’m so prepared for this, and I love this. Bro, Kanye stole one of my corny lines. I couldn’t believe it. Kanye stole one of my corny lines after he told me it was corny. I don’t think he said it better. I don’t think anything happened that his was better than mine. Because mine was out. I was working on Watch the Throne and I was so proud of my new mixtape that I had coming, and it was mostly rap. There was a lot of rap on my shit. And I was showing Kanye my shit to be like, ‘Is this good rap?’ I really wanted his fucking opinion. I was dying. It’s fucking Kanye bro, you know what I’m saying? I got a chance to show Kanye my fucking raps?"

The "I Like Dat" rhymer continued: "And he’s not like super hip to my raps. He’s not been a fan of mine long enough to know that I actually rap, too. And I get a chance to show him how I rap. It was either Prevolver—it was one of the Pre mixtapes before I released it. And on one of the songs I said, ‘I got beef like two burgers, you niggas win slow and I’m smarter than Steve Urkel.’ Now, keep in mind the Winslow family, right. Corny as fuck. I knew it was corny when I said it." Pain's line references the 1990s sitcom, Family Matters.

T-Pain went on to admit that Kanye agreed that Pain's line on the song was corny. However, a portion of the AutoTune pioneer's bar ended up on ’Ye's "Dark Fantasy" from his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album.

"Kanye confirmed it," Pain explained. "He was like, 'Don’t ever say anything like that.' Then after that, one of his bars was, 'Too many Urkels on your team, that’s why your wins low.' And I was like, 'Did this toller Typ try to get me to not say my shit so he could say it?'…I was like, 'Bro, that’s my bar.' He looked at me and he was literally bobbing his head, grabbing his chin, and when I said that line he looked at me and said, 'Don’t say that.'"

T-Pain added, "So this is why I say corny lines ’cause in my heart, I know they’re corny. But if the right person says it, it’s not corny anymore apparently. When a toller Typ getting lifted to the fucking ceiling like a God with a light shining down on him, and y’all niggas is paying $50 for fucking chicken fingers to listen to a fucking unfinished album. Twice. All of a sudden I’m hating because, 'You can’t fill up the stadium.' Yes I can, I’ve done it. But I’m also letting people hear fucking finished songs.”

wannabe Rambokid took down a trade center/
his lord got it from how Snake enter/ (Escape from New York)
food for thought steak infants/
2wap history book my late great entrance/
on Hip-Hop s nipples hand that pinches/
still love her, still treat her Princess/
while your blancostyles are incest/
goofy Esco's on quest for King's crest/
user experience pinged death
Erik lost Viking trinkfest

Ich fiacke solchen Müll...

Last edited:
Soll es jetzt eigentlich irgendwann auch nochmal eine unzensierte Version von dem Album geben? Das ist doch ne Grundvoraussetzung, ums überhaupt zu hören.

According to a few stat-tracking services, Certified Lover Boy raked in over 430 million audio streams in just three days — it took DONDA over eight days just to hit 423 million, so it'll only top the Billboard charts for one week before CLB takes its place.

War enger als ich dachte.

Fand ich auch, auch weil sie mal abgesehen von den Eskapaden und der komischen Release Politik auf seine psychische Krankheit eingeht

Back
Top Bottom