FKA twigs

91be6bde.jpeg

01 Figure 8
02 I'm Your Doll
03 In Time
04 Glass & Patron
05 Mothercreep

ep ist brutal. die produktionen sind so classy as fuck.

Arca hat anscheinend doch nichts zu tun mit der EP. Klingt jedoch nach ihm.
EP ist top.

LP1 ist ein tolles Album. Sehr speziell und gewöhnungsbedürftig, aber wenn man sich darauf einlässt, wird man für ca 45 min in eine "andere Welt" entführt. Gute Abwechslung zum "monotonen" Rapalltag.Ist M3LLI55X auch so gut ? Ich bin immer mal wieder auf der Suche nach anderen ergänzenden Musikrichtungen und Künstlern zur Rapmusik. Vorallem so Sachen wie FKA Twigs und Frank Ocean fielen mir am Anfang schwer um es positiv wahrzunehmen und einfach nur wirken zu lassen. Jhene Aiko gefällt mir zwischendurch auch ganz gut. D'Angelo wiederum sagt mir eher nicht so zu, auch wenn das viele nicht verstehen können und schon fast an Blasphemie grenzt. Vielleicht finde ich im Non Hip-Hop Bereich noch andere interessante Künstler/Innen und Musikrichtungen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ich habe mich vorhin mit einer alten Forenbekanntschaft von Chorus.fm, die im Londoner Stadtteil Hackney arbeitet, unterhalten und im weiteren Gesprächsverlauf zufällig erfahren, dass sie Twigs häufiger vor den ganz in der Nähe liegenden Premises Studios über den Weg läuft. Zuletzt gemeinsam mit Levi Lennox, der im letzten Jahr mit seinen Produktionen für M.I.A. ("Borders") und Zayn ("Pillowtalk") auf sich aufmerksam machte. Die Arbeiten an ihrem neuen Album sind also in vollem Gange.

Bei der ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) wurde kürzlich ein weiterer von Rick Nowels
produzierter Song mit dem Titel "Anarchy" – vermutlich die erste Singleauskopplung aus LP2 – registriert.

DoXUCh5W0AA1UUF.jpg

Twigs reiht sich in die Riege der Headliner des nächstjährigen Primavera Sound Festivals ein. Ohne neue Musik wird sie dort wohl kaum antanzen. Die ersten Singleauskopplungen aus LP2 – wenn nicht sogar das ganze Album – dürften demnach bis spätestens Mitte Mai erschienen sein. Alles andere würde mich doch sehr wundern.

Often with art and artists, all we see is the tip of the iceberg. But behind the final track, film or performance, there is always another story, that usually goes unseen. That other story is less glamorous – often hard, lonely and repetitive – but it’s crucial to understanding someone’s creative process.

That's the story we tell in Practice, our new film with FKA twigs. It's an intimate look at her year of pole-performance training for the Cellophane video – the early mornings and late nights and physical pain and gruelling perfectionism it took twigs to make her creative vision a reality.

"The concept for Cellophane came while I was writing it, more than a year before we shot the video,” twigs explains. “So I had to go learn pole-dancing, which is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I wanted to show that process – the practice, the training, the moments when it isn’t quite working. The journey.”

WeTransfer is proud to present this vulnerable portrait of twigs as she’s never shown herself before. As she says in the film, “To be on set for me is a dream. It’s where I thrive, to be able to have my creative family all working towards the same goal – coming in at a 10/10, that’s when you can really imprint on culture. I always think it’s about changing the cultural DNA.”

neues sehr interessantes interview mit i-d:
https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/zmjny4/fka-twigs-interview-magdalene-new-album
neues album soll magdalene heißen, dieses jahr erscheinen und u.a. soll nicolas jaar produziert und future einen part beigesteuert haben.

"Holy Terrain", featuring Future, will undoubtedly receive the most attention. A dark, sexy, witchy trap tune, it’s a new direction for Twigs. After getting hold of Future’s number, she did what any of us would do and casually dropped him a text.

“I wasn’t sure whether he would even know who I am. I was like, ‘Hi, it’s Twigs. Let me know if you wanna talk about music or anything.’ He texted back right away and I was like…” Twigs throws her phone onto the sofa beside her suddenly. “‘Oh my god, he’s just messaged me back!’ He’s such a sweetheart. I sent him the album and I called him up and was like, ‘Listen, Future… this is what my album’s about. It’s a really empowering, sensitive record, with a lot of feminine energy, and this song is probably the most fun track on it, but I still need lyrical content.’ And he said, ‘Okay, I’ve got it’. And his verse is beautiful,” she says. “He’s just talking about his downfalls as a man; how he’s sorry and asking for healing. I love sad Future. I love when he gets emo, when he expresses himself. It’s just so beautiful when he opens up.”

Back
Top Bottom