Der offizielle Eastcoast-Thread

Thanks to my foreign friend(s)!

alexdyce and toxicmo
Don't know whether u r the same guy!?

:p :p :p

It's funny that you wrote those long essays to answer my stupid question!!!!

Original geschrieben von Ugur25
Die Eastcoast hatte ja eine lange Durststrecke, weil heutzutage in Amerika die Dirtysouthbase mehr verkauft. Doch durch neue Artisten wie Saigon sieht die Zukunft schon besser aus. Sein Album wird alles ordnen (hoffe ich mal!:D). Dann Papoose! Der ist auch nicht schlecht! War ja damals auf einem Kool G Rap Album schon drauf. Juelz Santana ist mir zuviel gehypt, das heißt aber nicht, dass er schlecht ist, sondern mehr Hype als Realdeal ist.
Achso: Der beste MC aus New York ist weder Biggie noch Jay-Z!
Es ist....(das sagen alle großen MC's wie Cormega und Nas)..
Rakim!

Und nun meine Liste

1.Rakim
2.Nas
3.Biggie
4.Jay-Z
5.Kool G Rap

da kann ich 99% zusttimmen ich hätte nur das gehypt weggestrichen weil ich finde das juelz schon krass ist sein neues album ist auf jedenfall classic tja dann hätte ich noch mobb deep an die stelle von jay z gesetzt und jay z auf die 5 , jae millz erwähnt ansonsten genau mein geschmack rakim on top aber ich denke auch das big zur heutigen zeit einiges gerissen hätte

First, these lists of the best mc's are all opinion. Anyone saying they have the real list or whatever is an op. Music is about taste. Some people like Bach, some people like Pac. Its that simple. And anyone here who says Rakim is the greatest betta be 1) older than 24 and 2) not basing their opinion on "Addictive" but on Paid In Full or Follow the Leader (two of my first hiphop tapes).
If you are saying Rakim Rakim but only know "Addictive" and "New York" (which is a tight track) then check the classic shit.
To whoever said some shit about Saigon, Papoose and Jae Millz, once again all I can say is OPINION, I personally like Papoose least of the three, one song "Alphabetical Slaughter" he goes from A words to Z words, a tight idea at least. Saigon- "Let A toller Typ Know". Nuff Said.

@ToxicMo
first off, who are you and where you from? American? Went on a foreign exchange?
Your written english is damn good either way. As to NWA also being popular and bringin hiphop to the mainstream, thats west coast, which at the time spoke to a profoudly different audience. It took time for the east and west to provide the entire country with a common form of hip hop, even if the only thing connecting them was beats and beef.
And as far as the hard work etc etc goes, I will agree with you and admit being partially wrong, many people have loads of talent and work hard but are never in the right place at the right time(myself included, and Im not braggin but everyone who has heard my music since I been in Deutschland said im tight, ill send you some shit too gerne, and im working hard on coming out). Life is always a gamble (thats part of the reason behind Dyce) and some people who are less deserving get things that others actually deserve. But who is to say why me and others havent been in the right place at the right time or havent been discovered by the right people?
Is it really just bad luck, or do some people just not have good timing?
I mean, how do you know that Masta Ace and BCC didnt want or dont want to be as big as 50? Maybe they just for some reason dont have a style that has "mass appeal." I would rather hear Ruck and Rock or any of BCC on the radio or here in concert way more than 50, but it doesnt matter what I say, im just me. Im not millions of dumbass 12 year olds with their parents money.
So either a musician stays exactly who he is, runnin the risk of never coming out in a big way, even if it means havin an okay career making money off shows and whatever, or he notices that like a politician you have to figure out who your fan base is and think about how to appeal to the most people without losing your soul. Eminem is not really as mad as he is in his songs and videos, and 50 isnt as gangsta as he is in his songs and videos. They just realized that to market themselves better they need to emphasize some key points which resonate with the fanbase. I think thats clever. Do what the public wants (a little), get famous, have a platform to share your music, and then slowly show the world more and more of the real you. Thats my plan anyway. Anyone who trys to "keep it real" may make good music, but is a bad businessman. And what are we talking about...the music itself?
No. No one would have ever heard about Biggie or Pac or Em or Masta Ace BCC or WHOEVER if there wasnt a BUSINESS behind them trying to make money, plain and simple.

@dyce
1. No, Im not American, but since I can think I've cultivated a passionate love for the spoken word (and languages for that matter), which should also explain my preference for substantial lyrics.
2. Of course 'NWA was the blueprint or archetype of westcoasthiphop, heralding its soon-to-come success in the early 90s. I'Ve just referred to your statement, that Biggie brought the gangstaimage to the mainstream, which is only correct, if u reduce this argument to the subject of EastcoastHH.
3. You legitimately take in the position of a practising artist (by the way: I'M really excited to get your stuff; Where do u wanna send it to? Im not quite convenient with the option to drop my email-adress on this site). Planning to exhibit your real motifs after akquiring financial potence is a smooth move. But I could imagine, there are several acts who made plans the same way while realizing they've changed with their commercial success so much that they can't go back to their roots, cuz they have forgotten about it.
Try to switch into a fans perspective and tell me, if you prefer the "raw uncut" stuff or the cleverly, but more artificially produced albums of an artist.
"The Infamous" or "Infamy"; "Tical" or "Tical 0"; "Only built 4 cuban linx" or "immobiliarity"; "Illmatic" or "Nastradamus"; and so on

DJ Premier and Lord Finesse to release new Big L album.

..."On top of that, he's working on a musical resurrection of sorts, collaborating with Lord Finesse on the third and final full-length from legendary fallen MC Big L. “His mother found a lot of reels in his closet, and she let Lord Finesse take everything,” Premier says. “He put all the a cappellas in Pro Tools, and we're gonna put together one more album of unreleased stuff"...

Yeah, neues Material von Big L, released werden soll das 3. Album irgendwann 2006, genauer Termin steht noch nicht fest...

:( :(

Hier ein paar bevorstehende Releases für '06:

Busta Rhymes - "The Big Bang"
9th Wonder - "Mr. Dream Merchant Vol. 2"
O.C. - "Starchild Remixed"
Rhymefest - "Blue Collar"
Ghostface and MF Doom - "Swift & Changable"
Jay-Z - "The Dynasty 2"
Pharrell Williams - "In My Mind"
Percee-P - "Perseverence''
The Roots - "Game Theory"
Game - "The Doctor's Advocate" (kann man meiner Meinung nach zur Eastcoast zählen)
Nas - "Nasdaq Dow Jones"
Redman - "Red Gone Wild"
The Fugees - "Untitled Reunion LP"
Pete Rock - "Next Generation"
Ghostface - "Untitled Def Jam LP"
Chino XL - "Poison Pen"
Mobb Deep - "Blood Money"
Little Brother - "The Minstrel Show: Director's Cut"
Dilated Peoples - "20/20" (ebenfalls Eastcoast Sound)
Saigon - "The Greatest Story Never Told"
Nas & DJ Premier - ''Untitled LP''

Original geschrieben von -the-
Hier ein paar bevorstehende Releases für '06:

Busta Rhymes - "The Big Bang"
9th Wonder - "Mr. Dream Merchant Vol. 2"
O.C. - "Starchild Remixed"
Rhymefest - "Blue Collar"
Ghostface and MF Doom - "Swift & Changable"
Jay-Z - "The Dynasty 2"
Pharrell Williams - "In My Mind"
Percee-P - "Perseverence''
The Roots - "Game Theory"
Game - "The Doctor's Advocate" (kann man meiner Meinung nach zur Eastcoast zählen)
Nas - "Nasdaq Dow Jones"
Redman - "Red Gone Wild"
The Fugees - "Untitled Reunion LP"
Pete Rock - "Next Generation"
Planet Asia - "The Sickness"
Planet Asia - "The Medicine"
Planet Asia - "The Diagnosis''
Ghostface - "Untitled Def Jam LP"
Chino XL - "Poison Pen"
Mobb Deep - "Blood Money"
Little Brother - "The Minstrel Show: Director's Cut"
Dilated Peoples - "20/20" (ebenfalls Eastcoast Sound)
Saigon - "The Greatest Story Never Told"
Nas & DJ Premier - ''Untitled LP''

Wo hast du denn die Liste her ? Es steht doch gar nicht fest dass n neues Jay-Z -Album kommt. Und: Wird Nasdaq nicht von Primo produziert ?

Original geschrieben von BgKnoccOut
planet asia
eastcoast???

Ah, sorry....

Original geschrieben von NastyNas

Wo hast du denn die Liste her ? Es steht doch gar nicht fest dass n neues Jay-Z -Album kommt. Und: Wird Nasdaq nicht von Primo produziert ?

Kann sein, das Nasdaq von u.a. Primo produziert wird, trotzdem ist das nicht die Nas-Premier Platte, sondern ein zusätzliches Nas Solo-Album...

Die Liste ist von www.hiphopsite.com

jin

@the

hab deine unterhaltung mit alex mal gelesen... der ist eigentlich cool aber schliesslich ist alles ansichts-bzw. geschmackssache...

finde jins album eigentlich nich so toll der hat selbst gemeint RR hätten ihn übels im stich gelassen ... weiss nicht was da genau gelaufen ist aber die hätten sich nicht wirklich um sein album gekümmert...

ABER DIE FREESTYLES SIND DER DER SHIT!!! kennste das von BET gegen logan?? selten so gelacht... ohne scheiss

http://www.egoshare.com/?041235713ca35d1acce3fe0e020cf4ad

Jo, mir gefällt das Album auch nicht mehr wirklich, hab micht etwas getäuscht beim ersten Eindruck...
Trotzdem, die Freestyles hat Jin immernoch genauso drauf, auch aufm' neuen Album teilweise gute Lines dabei...

Yeah finally a post I can feel...thanx for backin me up XjulzzX, see I told you -the- that Jins album wasnt so tight!!!
His freestyles were alright, but a couple good punchlines isnt gonna hold up an album, regardless if RR left him behind. Did yall hear he retired, or changed his name to "The Emcee" or is makin a comeback, or all of the above (dependin what source you check?)
@realbkk - Smif N Wessun was always on top of my list of tight rappers still slept on, lets hope they keep bringin out tight shit...

Did yall check the Bloodshot Website yet??

@alex

i think u coo dawg and yoa got a lot of necessary infos!! :)

hehe .. ich hab gehört dass er sein namen in " the emcee " geändert hat.. ob das was bringt??? ich fand den namen JIN eigentlich richtig richtig cool!! ich denke nicht dass er noch bei RR ist... aber seitdem er bei BET keine freestyles mehr kickt hab ich mich nicht mehr so über ihn informiert... weisst du was neues??

copp dat freestyle clip !! thats one of his best...

Original geschrieben von XjulzzX
i think u coo dawg and yoa got a lot of necessary infos!! :)

hehe .. ich hab gehört dass er sein namen in " the emcee " geändert hat.. ob das was bringt??? ich fand den namen JIN eigentlich richtig richtig cool!! ich denke nicht dass er noch bei RR ist... aber seitdem er bei BET keine freestyles mehr kickt hab ich mich nicht mehr so über ihn informiert... weisst du was neues??

copp dat freestyle clip !! thats one of his best...

Du weißt, dass schon ''Emcee's Propaganda'' nicht über RR rausgekommen ist...?!

Zum Dead Prez Feature fällt mir ein, M-1 bringt bald sein Solo-Debut raus:

Tracklist "Confidential":

01. One Side (The Anthem)
02. Early (Feat. Sticman)
03. Land, Bread & Housing (Feat. My Momma' & Re')
04. For You (Feat. Scrap Daddy)
05. Confidential (Feat. Re').
06. Love You Can't Borrow (Feat. Q-Tip & Cassandra Wilson)
07. 5 Elements
08. Gunslinger
09. Comrade's Call (feat. Styles P & Bazaar Royale)
10. Don't Put Down Your Flag (Feat. Young Dre')
11. The Beat (Feat. Bang Double)
12. Been Through (Feat. Re')
13. 'Til We Get There (Feat. K'naan & Story James)
14. Too Smart

DMX

2006 endlich "Year Of The Dog"?

Nachdem DMX schon letzten Sommer das Album "Here We Go, Again" über Def Jam erscheinen sollte, kommt es jetzt diesen Sommer über Sony Music, mit dem Titel "Year Of The Dog". Swizz Beatz spielte eine große Rolle und wird auch die erste Single "We In Here" produzieren. Das sechste Album des New Yorker´s beendet, nach "Grand Champ", dessen längere Pause.

Quelle : www.rap.de

Original geschrieben von -the-

Du weißt, dass schon ''Emcee's Propaganda'' nicht über RR rausgekommen ist...?!

geht so ... ich hab das album nicht gekauft... nur ein paar mal gehört.. wo isser jz??

@the

thx ... dann hoffe wir mal dass sein rap besser wird... seine stimme gefällt mir...

Zurück
Oben Unten