Common

Is This Man The New Primo?

I don’t blog much these days because not much excites me. I can’t force it anymore, but this Common/Kanye track gives me hope. This is the best individual “hip-hop” song I’ve heard all year. Say what you want about Common, but his last album still outsold Rick Ross. And I personally agree with the Kanye being the new DJ Premier, though Just Blaze can pull off a hell of an argument for that crown. Though Kanye is hip hop enough to never wear those disrespectful glasses (see above). Finding Forever coming soon.

COMMON f/ DWELE – THE PEOPLE (prod by The New Primo)

This is street radio

For unsung hero

Riding in the Regal

Trying to stay legal

My daughter found Nemo

I found the new Premo

Yeah you know how we do

We do it for the people

And the struggle of the brothers and the folks

The lovers of the dope, experiment to discover hope

Scuffle for notes, the rougher I wrote times were harder

Went from rockin’ Starter to the voice of a martyr

While white folks focus on dogs and yoga

The people on the low end trying to ball and get over

Lyrics are like liquor for the fallen soldier

From the bounce to the ounce it’s all our culture

Everyday we hustling, tryna get them custom rims

Law we aint trusting them, thick broads we lusting them

Sick and tired of punching in, I look on the bus at them

When I see them struggling, I think how I’m touching them

Quelle : http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=9858

interessanter Blog über den neuen Common Track bzw. eher den Beatmaker davon ...Kanye West !!!

bin absolut kein Fan von Kanye. Aber auf BE fand ich seine Produktionen gar nicht mal schlecht.

Den Vergleich mit Premo find ich aber daneben. Wer kommt als nächstes ? Dilla ?

Aber genug, der Kritik. BE war ja wirklich gut, ist warscheinlich besser wenn Kanye wirklich mal im Hintergrund die Fäden zieht und den Auftritt jemanden wie Common überlässt ;)

hey, wirklich nichts gegen BE..das album war der oberknaller...ok, gibt immer trax, die eine, selbst nicht zusagen, ist halt ansichtssache, aber hat mir eben gut gefallen, schön chillig...

Was für ein unglaublicher Beat... das Sample kommt mir bekannt vor, wurde das nicht teilweise auch bei "Wouldnt Get Far" von Kanye benutzt?!

Das Album werd ich mir auf jeden Fall als Premium Deluxe Limited Edition mit Common Hut dazu holen ;)

ja dieses geschrei da im hintergrund.

bei the people find ich den beat sehr nervig.the game find ich schon wesentlich besser:)

kurze frage: wo hört ihr da in diesem video einen beat? meint ihr etwa die hintergrund-musik...?

the people:5/5
the game:3/5
black maybe:5/5
misunderstood:3,5/5

album wird gekauft !!!!!

Die neuen Tracks von Common sind sehr geil! Kanye und Common passen musikalisch einfach sehr gut zusammen. "Be" war ja auch schon sehr geil!

beide tracks gefallen mir sehr vom beat her. wird bestimmt das beste album des jahres.

Zurück
Oben Unten