Cannibal Ox "The cold vein"

Welchen Teil von next month verstehst du nicht?! :D

Ich weiss noch nicht mal, ob die hier veröffentlicht wird. Wenn müsste das wohl (wie bei Cannibal Ox) via Zomba geschehen. Erfahrungsgemäss etwas später. Die Promos von Def Jux sind schon verschickt. In Amerika müsste die wohl im Oktober rauskommen. So oder so, das Warten lohnt sich, ist ein echt merkwürdiger Sound, sehr moody, etwas versumpft, bisweilen gespenstisch und da drüber das totale Ego-Tripping. Sehr, sehr abstrakte Lyrics. Kennst du seine alten Sachen und die LP ausm letzten Jahr?

one love

I&I

hehe ich muss zugeben den teil hab ich nicht gelesen.
da ist ne neue single von Aesop auf undergroundhiphop.com das gefällt mir hehe
die sachen die auf def jux erscheinemn sind irgendwie immer abstrakt lol
die alte lp kenn ich nicht, muss ich mal hören.
weißt du wann el-p sein solo album rausbringt?
der verse den du da zitiert hast, der ist übergeil!!
Peace, MTK

Mit der el-p können wir in diesem Jahr nicht mehr fest rechnen, ich habe gehört, dass die auch noch nicht fertig sein soll.

Dafür hier die Daten der "Float" und die längste Besprechung, die ich finden konnte:

MH202: Aesop Rock - Float

"So I heard you all want to float" bellows Aesop Rock, causing the flood gates to burst. Aesop Rock's first full length effort, 'Float', contains twenty tracks of Avenue A hiphop deluge and exemplifies the classic explosiveness of the sub-terra emcee. It is the sound of a new New York underground speaking in full. With pinpoint production handled by Aesop and his main man, Blockhead, 'Float' roars and rushes to the forefront. The release features guest appearances by Vastaire of Cannibal Ox, Slug of Atmosphere, and Mush's own Doseone. Dense in meaning and gorgeous in sound, Aesop holds nothing back creating a work destined to become a landmark. 'Float' is one of this year's most anticipated underground hiphop releases and one that delivers on each and every line.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracklisting
Float, Commencement At The Obedience Academy, Big Bang, Garbage, I'll Be OK, Breakfast With Blockhead, Basic Cable, Fascination, Oxygen, Skip Town, 6B Panorama, Lunch With Blockhead, Spare A Match, Attention Span, How To Be A Carpenter, Prosperity, No Splash, Drawbridge, Dinner With Blockhead, The Mayor And The Crook
Credits
Vocals by Aesop Rock. Tracks 1,3,4,8,11,15,16,20 produced by Aesop Rcok. Tracks 2,5,6,7,9,12,13,14,17,18,19 produced by Blockhead. Track 10 produced by Omega. Guest vocals on Track 5 by Slug. Guest vocals on Track 14 by Vastaire. Guest vocals on Track 18 by Doseone. Published by Dirty Loop Music (BMI).

Aesop Rock is smarter than you. Not because he uses big words. Not because he offers an array of complex and abstract concepts. Not even because he knows what these words and concepts signify. It is because he does all of this, and he rhymes his ass off in the process. With his third album (first on an actual record label, Mush), Float, Aesop gigantically stomps on hip-hop, the echo from which can be heard for miles. This is one of those rare releases, becoming increasingly unusual in the age of extreme experimentalists or extreme purists, that sounds like nothing you've ever heard before. The amazing part about this feat is that Aesop made the same accomplishment the last two times around, with Music for Earthworms and the Appleseed EP. Hopefully, Float will be the one to push Aesop over the top and in the focal point of hip-hop fans and music lovers in general. The album begins with an intro track similar to that on Appleseed, the underlying message of which, deliberately displayed or not, is that, intellectually and creatively, no one else comes close to him. The first lyrics, "This fallen angel could stitch a wing with a shoestring / Prime directive, selective, reflective aviation bathed in mood swing (I'm broke) / I know a walking corpse who'd spit icicle dagger to slit throat / Quicker than you could prove there's four letters in 'hope' (H-O-P-E?)" are enough to grasp one's ear so intensely, that it is difficult to believe that you will be enduring nineteen forthcoming tracks. The intro ends with a basic refrain, which sums up the moral of the entire album: "I float&emdash;while everyone around me's busy drowning." How true it is. Perhaps Aesop's most robust improvement on this album is his ability to phrase his delivery in a self-conversational manner. Take the MP3.com-friendly 'Commencement Time at the Obedience Academy' where Aesop contemplates, "Point &emdash; I guess I could spare a splash for a couple of heads / Counterpoint &emdash; during my famine, I never got broke your bread." Or on 'Oxygen' where by himself, he carries on an incredible philosophical exchange, muttering, "Oh, fashion? It's cool and all, but what about God? / Oh, God? Well, he's the man and all, but I mean, what about reading? / What, like novels man? That don't hold my attention, how 'bout television? / Television hurts my brain, how about walking in the rain? / Ooh, I hate walking, it's boring, how bout some old-fashioned gone fishin'? / Yeah, fishing's great, but I just hate hookin the bait, let's dance / Nah, I got two left feet plus motion sickness how bout breakfast? / Man, I'm hungry, but that means I'm hafta borrow some money." On and on he spews back and forth with himself, ending up in utter disgust. Aesop Rock and Blockhead share ninety-nine percent of the production credits, and their unconventional techniques will please many, but not all listeners. Blockhead's interludes are very intriguing short pieces, which, in contrast to most album interludes, are much-needed after the verbal whip-lashing offered by Aesop. Aesop, while possessing very good layering techniques, at times utilizes very soft, naked drum patterns. It is hard to tell whether the use of these loops is partly to pay homage to similar old-school drums, or in the case of 'Big Bang' to compliment Aesop's Dirty South-esque style of flipping on the chorus. As every album has its standout track, 'Skip Town' is Float's. Over a bare, echoing dub-reggae track provided by Omega, Aesop contemplates the possibility of packing up his bags and, well, skipping town. The deeply sung hook is extremely infectious and changes up slightly between each verse, keeping the refrain, "I'm gone and now best believe I'm leaving, pack up my belongings then it's off in to the evening." Soulful and wonderfully basic, Aesop reinforces his strong hook-writing skills. The song contains too many quotables to mention, but especially memorable is Aesop's media hound-to-the weather dialogue, "I interviewed the sun, he said the future's looking bright; I interviewed the rain, he said the sun's truly an asshole; I was supposed to interview the snow today, but of course he flaked; so I let my frigid demeanor teeter and take his vacant place." A true gem. Aesop Rock has achieved near classic status with Float, and has definitely confirmed himself as one of the top lyricists ever. The album is amazingly comparable to Redman's 'Dare Iz a Darkside' in the sense that it feels like one continuous song, but never once loses the listener's interest. In all honesty, it is a difficult ride, and Aesop's style is not for all heads. But, if you possess the stamina to endure the trip, the rewards are great. Aesop will teach you, amuse you, and baffle you. Hopefully, his ability to cover all angles and display versatility will set a trend for future emcee's to follow. - Rebirth

Viel Spass beim Suchen.

one love

I&I

Aesop Rock: Labor Days (September 18, 2001)

source: cdnow.com
Peace, MTK

aesop rock is wirklich sehr sehr krass, da geht fast nix mehr.
die stimme und wie er dir die reime an kopp knallt is echt zu krass.
hat einer die music for earthworms ep schonmal gehört? die hab ich noch nich, will ich aber :D
find übrigens die 12" auf defjux nich so geil wie das float album.
float selber is ja wohl der übertrack.
so i heard ya wanna float? :D This fallen .... (mehr fällt mir grad nich ein :D
aber übergeillllllll

peAce!!

Original geschrieben von Panic Pete
hat einer die music for earthworms ep schonmal gehört? die hab ich noch nich, will ich aber :D

Sach bescheid, wenn du sie gefunden hast. Könnte etwas schwierig werden:

(...)

Is there any chance of "Appleseed” and "Music for earthworms” ever being reissued?

Aaaaaaaaah!!!!! THAT’S THE BIG QUESTION!!! Heheheheh! Possibly. Definitely not "Music for earthworms” ‘cus most of that stuff was produced by a person who… me and him don’t really get along very much any more -

So I can Napster that one eh?

Yeh exactly. But "Appleseed” is a possibility. We’re thinking about it - we’ve been stepped to by a few people who are prepared to re-master it and put it out on vinyl. We basically stopped putting it out because when I started doing "float” I didn’t have the time to do it - it was just a CDR project, I was cutting out the covers myself and it became a hassle once I was really trying to concentrate on making new stuff. At this point we have people that are willing to put it out and it’s probably just a matter of time when I agree to have someone put it on vinyl or just more CDs. Once "Float” came out there was a lot more press and a lot of cats that hadn’t heard of me before, now they find out about this old project which wasn’t publicised very well so now they want to get a copy. I’m all for that so it’s just a matter of time. I’ve been so busy concentrating now on this new project but hopefully once I get a breather sometime in the next year we’ll sit down and actually decide what we want to do with it.

Sieht also schlecht aus mit der Musik für Erdwürmer...

one love

I&I

he, mir is grad aufgefallen das ich music for earthworms mit appleased verwechselt hab, music for earthworms tummelt sich noch auf einer meiner mp3 cds :D hat aber komische enden manche tracks, weil irgendwie abgebrochen. aber ich find an float kommt die nich ran, die appleased brauch ich also noch :D
aber da besteht ja noch hoffnung.

peAce!!

Gib mal laut, wenn du sie findest - ich brauch die auch noch mal...

one love

I&I

shiat, hast du sonst vielleicht noch kooles zeug und bock zu tauschen?

peAce!!

Unglaubliche Platte, mit jedem Hören wird die etwas grösser - und über allem hängt so ein seltsamer Doom - kommt gerade gewaltig zu CNNs "Babylon under attack"-Special... (wenn man auf grosse Untergangshows steht).

peace

I&I

Back
Top Bottom