LP Anderson .Paak - Ventura (12.04.2019)

T_Dawg

Gold Status
https://www.okayplayer.com/uncategorized/release-date-anderson-paak-new-album-ventura.html
Just three months after releasing his long-delayed Oxnard album, Anderson .Paak has announced that he is releasing his new album Ventura. The album will be released on April 12th via Aftermath Entertainment, and it will be executive produced by Dr. Dre.

Interestingly enough, the album was recorded around the same time as Oxnard. In a press release, .Paak said:

"Growing up in Oxnard gave me the grit and the church to find this voice of mine. One town over I went further and found my depth. The duality of each place inspired me greatly and from that I made two albums at the exact same time but held one back because that would have been too many songs to perform live for you all! I like ending things on an even number so welcome to Ventura."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x28C9slQAK
I made a lot of music with Dr. Dre – probably two albums worth – and honestly, it's the music that I really feel like getting out. Oxnard was a beautiful place where I got a lot of grit. I was doing a lot of rapping and growing up there, we were running from security guards in the mall and slap-boxing and we wanted to be rappers and do a lot of stuff. We also went to church. I went to church a lot and the town over. It's a little more quiet, more peaceful. I got into trouble out there too but it gave me a lot more character and soul and I think I got more soul music to present. It's lots of soul, a bigger tour and the best teeth in the game.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

D1o3sjkUkAA8dX9.jpg:small

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

How is Ventura different from Oxnard?

Just the fact he's singing more. It's more soulful. The records and the approaches are going to feel a lot more like what he did on Malibu. It's going to feel a lot more like what they're used to with the transition from Breezy Love Joy to Anderson .Paak. His true audience will understand this album. I have at least four or five favorites on Ventura. I am very much in love with Ventura as a project.

How far into the making of Oxnard did he know he wanted to drop two albums?

I don't think there was a decision to make two albums, we just started creating. Anderson was just making records. Let me take that back. I think he went into making Oxnard to make a double album. But, for the initial run of an artist, the first thing you want to do is not give your audience too much. So, I think he started to realize, 'If I give them all of this right now, it might be too much.' All of this was happening together. Oxnard and Ventura. There was a dry erase board in the studio with two separate albums on it.

Did any songs make it on Oxnard that were originally supposed to be on Ventura?

Plenty of them. I don't remember which. You'd have to ask Anderson about that (laughs).

He had Kendrick, Pusha T and J. Cole on Oxnard. Is there a collaboration of similar caliber that will have people go crazy?

Yes, and that's all I can give you. You know I can't and you know I won't (laughs). All I'm going to tell you is that this album is going to be talked about. This album is my favorite of the two.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
HYPED! <3

bzgl. der noch geheimen gäste: gibt's hier schon spekulatius?

HYPED! <3

bzgl. der noch geheimen gäste: gibt's hier schon spekulatius?
André 3000, The Game, 2 Chainz, King Mez, Ty Dolla $ign, Brandy, Snoh Aalegra (❤️), Matthew Tavares von BADBADNOTGOOD und Thundercat werden derzeit am heißesten gehandelt. Letztere zwei hätten eigentlich schon auf Oxnard vertreten sein sollen. Thundercat wurde sogar im Rahmen eines inzwischen gelöschten Q&A auf Twitter, in Reaktion auf die (An)frage eines Fans, der ihn unbedingt auf Oxnard hören wollte, mit den Worten "got him already!" bestätigt. Ob als Sänger, Bassist oder gar beides, kann ich dir leider nicht sagen.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

stell dir vor dieses kommerzschwein war schon zu "malibu" zeiten bei fallon

What does it mean to you to have a feature from Nate Dogg on your album?

It means the world. It's just as important to have that as it is to be working with Dr. Dre, to have worked with Snoop. These are the men that pretty much molded my whole adolescence and pre-teens. This is part of my musical DNA. There was a time where – I grew up in Oxnard, California – every single had Nate Dogg. It was just like you had to have him on it for it to be a hit song. He's one of my biggest influences and it was just so awesome to be able to get the song with him. Fredwreck – the producer who produced so much Snoop and Dogg Pound and so much stuff with Dre on The Chronic and 2001 –, he had a bunch of Nate Dogg songs that he did before he died. This one in particular was one he really felt like we could use for my album and he was just so generous and played me the tune. I loved it right away and we started working on it. I really like it because it sounds like something we could have did when he was still here. When you hear it, it's like you might not even know. We're going back and forth, so it's really sweet, man. It's a really cool song.

Anderson .Paak feat. Smokey Robinson - Make it better (Video)

schönes soundbild.. textlich diesmal etwas cheesy, find ich

Zurück
Oben Unten