American Football

Wer gewinnt das Super Bowl Finalendspiel 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

https://theathletic.com/198876/2018...ly-40-years-coaching-ready-for-my-second-act/

It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do, telling my players the news: I am retiring.

I love my players, love the sacrifices they’ve made for me and our staff, but put simply, it’s now time for me to move on to the next act of my life.

Something just changed for me this year—it’s difficult to pinpoint exactly what that was, hard to put into words—and I wasn’t enjoying the game as much as I had in the past. This wasn’t fair to my players, my coaches or the fans. So I informed Michael that this would be my final year of coaching. I wanted to immediately tell the media, but I needed to keep this information as quiet as possible. The last thing I wanted was for me to become a distraction for our players.

I had a heart-to-heart with my family about my future. We discussed it from every angle—returning to the Cardinals in 2018, retiring at the end of ’17 season, even the possibility of my wife moving to our “Forever Home” in Georgia for the ’18 season while I still in Arizona—but in the end I decided it was time to walk away from coaching. I need to be a husband, a dad, and a grandfather.

I like to think of myself as a what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of guy. So many people over the years have told me that I’m no good at playing politics and that I was a fool for never having a résumé on hand to give out to general managers. And maybe that did hurt me along the way, maybe I would have gotten a chance to interview for an NFL head coaching position when I was younger. But I’ve always felt it’s important never to pretend to be something you’re not. Maybe that’s why I’ve gotten along so well with the majority of reporters over the years; I mean what I say and I say what I mean. With me, there is no sugarcoating, no dancing around the truth, no double talk.

I’m pretty sure I dropped my first F-bomb in the meeting with Michael and Steve only minutes into our conversation. “Where the fuck are our drinks?” I wondered. Later, Michael would comment that his first impression of me was that I could use the word “fuck” as a noun, an adjective, and verb in a single sentence.

Legendärer Coach, starke Persönlichkeit
War bei All or Nothing S1 auch super sympathisch und seine Ausraster jedes Mal ein Highlight

Last edited:
Ich war dieses Jahr bei der hochklassigen Partie Dolphins vs Saints. Tickets gingen glaub ich Ende Januar online. Gab auf jeden Fall ne spezielle Seite für alle London Games, wo man sich in so eine Mailingliste eintragen konnte und damit immer auf dem aktuellen Stand war. Willst sonst noch irgendwas wissen?
ok danke werd ich mal checken. warst du dann im wembley oder in diesem rugby stadion? wieviel kostet denn da ne karte?

chiefs werden erstmal titans übel rasieren. danach hoffe ich auf einen win für die falcons.

Chiefs 34 Titans 6
Rams 10 Falcons 17
Saints 27 Panthers 31
Jaguars 21 Bills 7

Back
Top Bottom