Basketball, der Weltmeistersport (NBA, BBL etc.)

Holt GER den WM Titel 2023 in Manila?

• Umfrageteilnehmer
  • Umfrage geschlossen .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

endlich
der fuß von der lebron statue
isaiahs pony

was geht nur mit kawhi und den spurs? ich kapiers nich.
Actually, in all likelihood, rest will not help Kawhi's injury at all.

I’m not a doctor but played a lot of ball and have had quadricep tendinopathy.

Someone is “able” to play through quad tendinopathy but it is uncomfortable and seriously aggravates the tendons. Usually, when tendinopathy occurs, it's because rest wasn't taken initially and the injury has turned into something akin to chronic inflammation (but inflammation isn't actually present on the cellular level).

I learned, after the fact, that in playing through my tendinopathy, I turned a small injury that could have been treated with two weeks of rest, into an injury that required two years of rehabilitation and treatment. Even with treatment, I was unable to squat down to tie my shoes for the better part of three years.

Essentially, it’s an overuse issue in which the athlete has had many micro-traumas to the tendon, and as such, their body begins to dump type-3 collagen (weak scar tissue) in unorganized bundles atop the injury sites. Our tendons are made of well-organized bundles of type-1 collagen, so this is problematic. Imagine cutting a bunch of incisions into a piece of paper and then handing that piece of paper to a child and asking them to use that tacky white school glue to patch the holes — that’s sort of what’s happening within the body during tendonopathy.

As rest alone will not heal this issue, to combat the body’s response, most physiotherapy consists of eccentric loading (lowering weights very slowly) and not performing the isometric contraction (lifting the weights up). For patellar tendinopathy this would be something like wall-sitting and holding your weight on your injured leg, and then standing up from the wall-sit with your healthy leg. This more-or-less teaches or shows the body to once again deposit the collagen in tight and straight bundles.

This is problematic because the athlete needs to load to that perfect balance where they are achieving the necessary resistance/load to incur healing, but not so much resistance/load that they’re aggravating the injury. As such, the healing really feels like 2 steps forward one back. It’s a delicate affair.

Eventually, the athlete has to slowly re-introduce jumping, running, and other explosive movements in increments so as to not completely ruin their tireless rehab efforts. It’s difficult and frustrating for the average athlete, and likely even more so for a highly motivated athlete like Kawhi.

So, while he may be feeling minimal pain and have full functional movement at this point in his recovery, physiotherapists and doctors need to be very very careful not to rush him back. He'll also need to correct his biomechanics that caused the issue in the first place to ensure that he’s not re-aggravating his injury again, as once it becomes chronic, it could plague him for the rest of his career.

So, yeah, it’s really a touch-and-go scenario that is more of an active recovery than you may believe. But with the trainers and professionals he has access to, he’ll likely clear it up and never have to deal with it again. In my opinion, it's wise of him to sit and avoid aggravating the issue.

Er trainiert angeblich unter Aufsicht der Spurs Coaches in New York.

Buddy Hield die arme Sau :(:(:(:D

“This is just going to sound like I’m just ripping Buddy Hield to shreds here. During the practice availability, they had the guys come in in shifts, so all the Saturday night guys came in as the first shift, and then Team LeBron was coming in as the second shift....

They had 12 numbered stations set up for all the guys, so Buddy Hield was set up to be at the No.4 station - and for whatever reason, this huge swarm of media members start surrounding Buddy Hield for his talk...

There’s like two or three questions about, ‘OK, you’re going to be in the skills challenge, tell us about it, whatever’. And then, pretty much it just goes silent. It’s supposed to be like a 15, 20-minute interview session.

He’s looking around like, ‘Are you guys all shy, what’s wrong with you reporters? Why aren’t you asking me any questions?’ He’s literally saying this out loud, he’s like looking to his PR guy for help...

And finally, one of the reporters is like, ‘Dude, LeBron’s going to talk here in about 45 minutes at the same station, so we’re just standing here waiting for LeBron’...

And the look on Buddy Hield’s face was just like of realisation - the recognition was just so painful.”

Der Nächste....
:eek::rolleyes:

hm naja. kann echt gut sein, dass nick youngs fuß zaza so in der kniekehle trifft, dass er nach unten gezogen wird. danach wollte er sich mit den händen nich auf westbrooks körper selber abstützen, weswegen er die arme mitten im fall an westbrook vorbei platziert, wodurch er dann mit seinem oberkörper auf ihm landet.
wobei der push mit dem arm, als westbrook nach dem rebound springt, definitiv eklig is. der ball is außerhalb von zazas reichweite, was drückt er westbrook also mitten in der luft mit dem arm weg?

Cjaay Hayez
vor 7 Stunden
Boyyyy Stephen A & his hairline is at home reading encyclopedias & biblical scriptures just gearing up for a segment on how dirty Zaza is, how he ruined spurs-Kawhi relationship & how he's an absolute disgrace (bet both my testicles he will say those last 2 words) & how he should be suspended from the NBA for attempting such blasphemy.

geil

butler hat übrigens nur was am meniskus. muss vllt. auch operiert werden, aber er könnte dann durchaus vor den playoffs wieder zurück sein.

i

steht in cleveland rum. is von einer firma, die in philly sitzt.

Zuletzt n paar GSW Spiele gesehen... Durant ist so ein harter Mongo. Wie er immer auf harten Trashtalker macht dieser dürre Fakenigguh. Erinnert einen an den unbeliebten Trottel mit reichen Eltern der auf einmal die "coolen Sachen" hat und im Innern ist er halt immernoch n Lappen.

Verstehe nicht was er damit bezwecken will, das kauft ihm absolut keiner ab. Allein wie er Melo gefrontet hat haha. Der wäre weggepustet worden wenn er gedurft hätte

daaaaamn

haha

Everytime I'm in the street I hear Yak Yak Yak Yak Jakob Poeltl

jarrett allens dunk ebenfalls sehr nasty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAmzDLzpUes

Harden is one nasty mofo!

viele refs zählen den ersten der drei schritte, die man bei nem stepback jumper meistens macht, nich mit, wenn er noch ausgeführt wird, während man den ball währenddessen gerade in die hände nimmt. in der nba is das sogar seit fast 10 jahren mittlerweile offiziell im regelwerk erlaubt.

http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=4563546

NBA players will be able to take two steps before they have to stop, pass or shoot this season.

The NBA has put into writing a rule allowing players on the move to gather the ball, after driving or catching it, and then take two steps. Throughout NBA history, the rulebook said players could take one step.

The new rule reads, in part: "A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble, may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball."

It is believed to be the first time any league, at any level anywhere in the world, has explicitly allowed two steps.

Zurück
Oben Unten