Freddie Gibbs - Thread

1.) Die Aktion mit dem Weed ist selten dämlich, aber irgendwie auch ziemlich lustig :D
FreddieGibbs.Tweet_1.jpg

http://read.mtvhive.com/2011/12/19/freddie-gibbs-tsa-illustration/

2.)Richtig chilliges Video zu "Menace II Society"

3). The Boston Globe - Hip-hop’s top albums of 2011
5. FREDDIE GIBBS

“Cold Day in Hell’’ Gary, Ind.-born Gibbs has won comparisons to such legends as Tupac and Scarface for his gritty brand of gangsta rap, of which this mixtape is a perfect example. Harsh and unrelenting as his songs can be, Gibbs quietly frames his personal struggle within a social and political context, reminding listeners how powerful hardcore hip-hop can still be.

hab die liste gelesen und ich muss sagen, wenn man ma überlegt...das is schon krass, wie viele der besten releases dieses jahr gratis erschienen sind, ohne große labelpolitik usw., dann noch die indie-erfolge von mac miller oder tyler the creator.
man sieht immer mehr, dass gute musik die majorindustrie nich zwangsläufig braucht :thumbsup: und wenn doch, dann können dabei immer noch so geile sachen wie "WTT", "cole world" oder "take care" rauskommen.

wenn 2012 so weitergeht wie 2011 aufgehört, dann :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Sehe ich auch so, 2011 ist für mich eines der besten Jahre bzw. eigtl. das beste Jahr seit dem ich (intensiv) Hip Hop höre und 2012 wird bestimmt sogar noch besser weil nach der Mixtapewelle u.a. Alben von Gangsta Gibbs, Big K.R.I.T. (der btw beim Boston Globe fehlt), Kendrick Lamar etc. folgen werden :thumbsup:

Sehe ich auch so, 2011 ist für mich eines der besten Jahre bzw. eigtl. das beste Jahr seit dem ich (intensiv) Hip Hop höre und 2012 wird bestimmt sogar noch besser weil nach der Mixtapewelle u.a. Alben von Gangsta Gibbs, Big K.R.I.T. (der btw beim Boston Globe fehlt), Kendrick Lamar etc. folgen werden :thumbsup:

Vom 1. bis zum letzten Satz unterschreib ich das!

Gangsta Gibbs ist mit "Cold Day In Hell" bei smokingsection auf Platz 2 der besten Mixtapes des Jahres gelandet :thumbsup:
http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2011/12/the-top-30-mixtapes-of-2011#page/3

Freut mich, dass das Tape so gut ankommt und schon in mehreren Jahreslisten (weit vorne) auftaucht! Hoffentlich geht das so weiter, dann könnte er mit seinem Album durchaus erfolgreich sein.

Behind the scenes footage of Gangsta Gibbs in the studio working on the MadGibbs project. My favorite part about being in the studio are the conversations that give inspiration for the project. It’s truly a deep process.

Action Bronson, Cappadonna, Freddie Gibbs & Boogz Boogetz Freestyle (Video)

Last edited by a moderator:
Platz 5 der besten Mixtapes des Jahres für "Cold Day In Hell" bei HipHopDX:
If you thought Freddie Gibbs would lighten his approach after signing to Young Jeezy’s CTE camp, the Halloween release of Cold Day In Hell should alleviate those worries. The Gary, Indiana emcee is still using his acrobatic delivery and to annihilate instrumentals from J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, Big K.R.I.T. and in-house producer Cardo. Plus, titles like “187 Proof,” “Rob Me A toller Typ,” and “Barely M.A.D.E.” show he is as deep in his roots as ever.
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/editorials/id.1820/title.hiphopdxs-top-10-mixtapes-of-2011

EDIT:
Download a full lyric book of Freddie’s latest album Cold Day In Hell. Click the link below to get the lyric book, and if you haven’t yet, Download Cold Day In Hell.
Download

EDIT2:
Top 10 Best Mixtapes of 2011
10. Freddie Gibbs, Cold Day In Hell
One of a handful of projects released on Halloween day, Cold Day In Hell from Freddie Gibbs avoided getting lost in the shuffle. A tape that Gangsta Gibbs had been talking about for over a year, the gutter release was able to prove what the Gary, Indiana native was working on was worth the wait. Playing into his reputation as one of the fiercest rappers around from both a content and flow perspective, the former XXL Freshman made you believe what he was spitting, no matter the topic. Cuts like the Big K.R.I.T. produced “Rob Me A toller Typ,” featuring Krizzle and Alley Boy, as well as the Young Jeezy-assisted “Twos and Fews” had Gibbs authenticating his G. Switching things up, songs like “My Homeboy's Girlfriend” allowed the CTE signee to craft vivid narratives that took the listener for a ride. Through and through, Gibbs continued to carve out his lane as a gangsta rapper with a conscience, with one of the meanest flows around.
http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2011/12/top-10-best-mixtapes-of-2011/#2

Last edited by a moderator:
HHDX geht noch klar, aber was für eine beschissene Auswahl beim XXL Mag (2 Chainz :p)

Kein Plan weshalb CDIH in den Bestenlisten rangiert :confused:

Jackie Chain halt. Der hat eine gute Nummer weil sie Big K.R.I.T. produziert hat.

Gibbs erinnert mich im Video etwas an Marlo Stanfield, wie er stolz durch die Hood läuft^^

Back
Top Bottom