Def Jam - Jiggas Imperium...the Thread

Kanye West Says He's 'Ready To Take Over The World Once Again'

'This Graduation album is his best ever — musically, as well as the lyrics,' corroborates his mother, Donda.

Kanye West isn't graduating in May or June, like most seniors. The so-called College Dropout's Graduation date will actually be this fall — September 18, to be exact. That's according to his mother, Donda, who says she's very proud of West's third LP. "This Graduation album is his best ever — musically, as well as the lyrics," she said.

Def Jam has confirmed that its savant's next opus is slated for September but says the 18th isn't concrete as of yet (see "Kanye West Shoots Down Reality-TV Rumors, Reveals Real TV Plans"). What is a little clearer is that we should be hearing at least a pair of new records from 'Ye very soon. He has visuals for them in the can to boot.

"We already shot two videos," Kanye said earlier this week in L.A. on the set of Common's "The Game" video (see "Common, Kanye Kick It Old-School In Clip For 'The Game' "). "Me and Hype [Williams] went out, we shot nine days. We were out in Japan, we were out in the desert. We're taking it serious."

Although West did not give away the titles for the songs he has ready to go, he did say some of the rumors circulating around the Internet about them are true. If that's the case, we can look forward to a record called "Homecoming" featuring Chris Martin of Coldplay and a ditty titled "The Glory," which was originally conceived for Common's upcoming Finding Forever LP (see "Common, Kanye Going For 'Glory' On Raw, Soulful New Songs" and "Kanye West, Lily Allen Finding Something In Common").

"I'm graduating from a school called 'Universe City,' " Kanyeezee explained of his Gradution concept. "I think the sound is bigger this time. It's bigger and simpler, where the notes really connect with you and I say lines ... I know the power of my words, so when I rap, I know it's gonna impact the world. I know I'm gonna be performing anywhere from the Summer Jam stage [at New Jersey's Giants Stadium] to [New York nightclub] Speed to the House of Blues in L.A., to London to Brazil to Ireland. ... I'm making music for somebody sitting in a car on their way to work trying to get through traffic and my music is helping them zone out, to a 60,000-seater where I'm opening up for the Rolling Stones or U2. I'm not talking about you two — I'm talking about U2 the group. Like I say, 'Why would I do a song with you two when I just got offstage with U2? I'm not even talking to you two.' That's how I feel."

"I'm ready to take over the world once again," he added. "I have a lot to say. I got a lot more music to make. I'm still going through stuff. People are still going through stuff. I make music people can relate to every day. My music just isn't about my story. ... There's not one artist in the world that has as much responsibility as me. When I deliver a piece of music, it has to connect with the most genres of music. I don't care who you name. If you name rap artists, their only responsibility is to rap crowds. If you name a pop artist, their only responsibility is to a pop crowd. If you name some French dance music, their responsibility is to the cool crowd. But I have to deliver songs. All these people are looking at me from super-middle America to the hipsters like, 'What's he gonna do next?' "

In addition to his own project, Kanye has been producing the aforementioned Finding Forever as well as Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III. His mother just released her book "Raising Kanye: Life Lessons From the Mother of a Hip-Hop Superstar," and her son has been present with her during some book signings.

"I was encouraged by a number of my friends and colleagues," she explained. "I taught English for a number of years, so it's not surprising that I would consider writing a book, but I never knew I would be writing a book about myself. There are so many aspects of Kanye's life now and growing up that people wouldn't know about. They know about Kanye the superstar. I wanted to share who he is as a person."

The book starts with Ms. West's lineage, continues through her son's birth and goes into his recent life as well.

Source-MTV

das snippet zur single ist cool und das album erscheint an meinem geburtstag.da kann nix schiefgehen:D:)

Ich finde Jay-Zs bester Rapper auf Roc-a-Fella ist Beanie Sigel, er hat mit "The Truth", "The Reason" und "The B.Coming" drei Riesenalben gebracht und ist auch so immer wieder für was Gutes zu haben. Memphis Bleek finde ich auch richtig stark, "M.A.D.E.", "564" und "Coming Of Age" sind auch alles grandiose Dinger gewesen. Young Chris ist auch ein guter Rapper, hatte mal ein Free-Mixtape von ihm, hieß glaub ich "Hired Gun", fand ich recht stark. Auch seine Features sind immer gut anzuhören, mehr kenn ich leider nicht von ihm. Von Freeway kenne ich auch nicht viel, aber die Tracks (besonders "World War 3" und "Big Blender" sind riesig) sie ich kenne sind sehr gut. Fabolous ist nicht so mein Geschmack.

Joe Budden ist Scheiße, Tru Life hat's drauf ;) Die Mixtapes "Tru York" und "New New York" waren der Shit :eek:

Sorry, aber Joe Budden finde ich richtig geil.
Die deepn Sachen von ihm berühren mich so mega. Er hat ein hammer Stimme, einen ziemlich guten Flow und ist auch gut ausproduziert.

Sein Album finde ich hammer und das neue kaufe ich blind.

Sorry, aber Joe Budden finde ich richtig geil.
Die deepn Sachen von ihm berühren mich so mega. Er hat ein hammer Stimme, einen ziemlich guten Flow und ist auch gut ausproduziert.

Sein Album finde ich hammer und das neue kaufe ich blind.

Hab nicht viel von ihm gehört, aber das was ich gehört hab fand ich schwach. Dass ich ihn Scheiße finde war nicht so gemeint, meinte nur dass ich Tru Life schwer feier und eigentlich kenn ich nichts von Budden. Empfehl mir doch Alben und Mixtapes mit deepen !!!GUTEN!!! Sachen von ihm ;)

Back
Top Bottom