Offizieller The Roots Thread

9th and I, we had been working for some time. We went into our working relationship feeling like maybe it would become an album at some point or more like a traditional full-length feature, so we've got lots of songs, but we had to narrow it down to the songs that made the most sense as a composition. There were a couple of joints that I really wanted on there that just didn’t make it, but we're gonna be able to use them for something else.

Black Thought's been basking in overdue props lately. The viral Hot 97 freestyle that sent the Internet into a tizzy six months ago made him something of an anomaly – a hip-hop vet, 30 years into his career, finally recognized for being at the top of his game. Now, with the release of his first side project, Streams of Thought Vol. 1, he's further emerging from the shadows.

Do we have a sense of when Vol. 2 is coming?

Vol. 2
is coming soon, but it has to be right. So we gotta curate this experience the same way we did with Vol. 1, and so much comes into play beyond the music. For me, getting the music recorded is the easy part, and then that's when the hard part begins. So that's where we're at. That being said, Vol. 2 is coming soon.

The amount of music and media that I'm trying to put out in a year's time is going to be a period comparable to Picasso's 1932. He put out so many different drawings and etchings and sculptures – this is my 1932 as a follow-up to that freestyle from last year.

HILFE!

giphy.gif

Streams of Thought Vol. 2 (augenscheinlich produziert von Salaam Remi) ist endlich im Anflug.
9th Wonder, Salaam Remi, Bink! – so langsam vervollständigt sich das Bild. :emoji_spy:

Back
Top Bottom